Terms & Conditions:
Our Rental Agreement sets forth what items are being rented and when, while our Terms & Conditions sets forth the conditions that apply to the rental. At Long Island Centerpiece Rentals, We want to have clear communication about our expectations for you, and your expectations for us.
- The Rental Agreement is based on a one-time use rental fee and does not constitute the purchase of the itemized décor, unless otherwise specified.
- Half of the total rental payment is due in order to reserve the décor. This deposit is not refundable unless there is an unusual circumstance (act of God) that warrants a full refund. The balance of the total payment owed to Long Island Centerpiece Rentals must be paid in full no less than ten (10) business days prior to the specified start time of the rental period.
- Payment may be made by credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover), money order, Pay Pal account, or certified check. We Do Not accept a personal checks.
- All changes to the Rental Agreement must be initialed by you and a representative of Long Island Centerpiece Rentals in order to take effect. To avoid any miscommunication, Long Island Centerpiece Rentals will send a revised Rental Agreement to you that will serve as your confirmation that the changes have been made.
- Long Island Centerpiece Rentals will deliver the décor that you have rented to you (or a specified contact person) at the date, time and place specified in the Rental Agreement. You will be asked to inspect all of the décor upon its delivery. Following a satisfactory inspection, you will accept the décor on an “as is” basis.
- If there are any material damages or defects to the décor that you have rented, at the time of delivery & upon your inspection, you will immediately notify the representative of Long Island Centerpiece Rentals who has delivered the décor, so that he/she may make arrangements to replace the damaged or defective décor. If Long Island Centerpiece Rentals is unable to replace the damaged décor prior to your event, after reasonable commercial efforts are made to do so, you will be entitled to a full refund for the décor that cannot be replaced and reasonable accommodations will be made to provide you with a décor item that is a reasonably comparable substitute to that which you originally rented, free of charge. If Long Island Centerpiece Rentals is unable to locate such a substitute, a representative will promptly notify you ad request instructions as to alternative arrangements.
- If there is damage to the décor while it is in your possession (after delivery and inspection are completed), and/or the décor becomes unsafe or in disrepair for whatever reason, you will immediately discontinue use of the décor item. You will take all steps necessary to prevent injuries to any person and all property from the rental décor. You will notify Long Island Centerpiece Rentals of the damage. You will be charged the cost of replacing the décor at its current list price and may be charged the value of the estimated time it takes Long Island Centerpiece Rentals to find and receive the replacement décor if it is a specialty item.
- You acknowledge that some of the décor rented to you may be fragile and you will act and care for the décor as any ordinary and reasonable person would. You also agree to assume full responsibility for all acts and/or omissions, negligence and/or willful, misconduct of guests or other persons at the event or assisting with the event in their handling of the décor and for any and all injuries that may result there from.
- Long Island Centerpiece Rentals will retrieve the décor from you (or a specified contact person) at the date, time and place specified in the Rental Agreement. The décor that you rent will be returned to Long Island Centerpiece Rentals in as good of condition as when it was received by you or your contact person. If any rental décor is missing, Long Island Centerpiece Rentals will first contact you about its return. You will be charged for any item not returned to Long Island Centerpiece Rentals and may be charged the value of the estimated time it takes Long Island Centerpiece Rentals to find and receive the replacement décor if it is a specialty item.
- You assume one hundred percent (100%) of the risk for you and the guests arising from the rental, use, operation, possession, transportation and handling of the décor during the terms of the rental period.
- Data and information that you furnish to Long Island Centerpiece Rentals will be true and correct. A copy of your driver’s license will be furnished to Long Island Centerpiece Rentals with the security deposit. The security deposit will be completely refunded provided there are no damaged or missing décor items, in which case it will be withheld for the amount needed to repair or replace the damaged or missing décor (as specified above). The security deposit will be collected ten (10) business days prior to the specified start time of the rental period.
- Theft of any décor may result in criminal prosecution. You agree to pay any and all costs, including reasonable attorney fees, that Long Island Centerpiece Rentals may have to expend in order to collect the rental fee, to regain possession of the décor and/or to collect for damage done to the décor